Healthy tomorrows begin
with Rollerskating today!
Roller skating is the perfect way to combine fitness with fun. It helps people develop a fitness habit with a sport that's enjoyable for all ages.
The children of this generation are really the first to grow up in the age of fitness. Much research and emphasis has gone into the importance of lifetime health programs. Children learn early the benefits of staying healthy and in good physical condition. But with children, regular workout programs aren't quite what they need. Enjoyment is the key ingredient in every sport or exercise program...especially for children. Roller skating provides just that.
Roller Skating is...
* A fun way to increase muscular strength and cardiorespiratory endurance (burn anywhere from 330 to 600 calories per hour)
* Great for improving strength, balance, agility, coordination, and flexibility
* A fantastic source of aerobic exercise (low impact for joints)
*A key to weight control (involves all major muscle groups)
*Easy to learn
* A great tension reliever and enthusiasm builder
* Equivalent to jogging in terms of health benefits, caloric consumption, reduction of body fat, and leg strength developement
*50% less impact shock to joints compared to running according to a study conducted at the University Of Massachusetts
Both the American Heart Association and the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports recommend roller skating as a great fitness activity for people of all ages.
Start children on the path to a healthy tomorrow.
Introduce them to roller skating today!
Join the kids skate free program on our home page.